[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Child Support” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]Prince William County Child Support Attorneys
Farrell & Croft P.C.’s Prince William County child support attorneys assist our clients with negotiating and determining child support, as well as with enforcement of Virginia child support orders.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Virginia Child Support Guidelines” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]Pursuant to Virginia law, both parents have a duty to support their children. If the parents cannot agree on the amount of child support to be paid, the courts will determine the amount. Either parent may file a Petition for Child Support through counsel or without counsel. The parties or the court will calculate child support by reference to the Virginia Child Support Guidelines.
Virginia law creates a rebuttal presumption that the child support amount determined by application of the Guidelines is appropriate in each case. The parties or the court will calculate the presumptive Guideline amount by using a standard Virginia child support worksheet. In addition, the key factors considered are the following:
- The parties’ respective average monthly gross income
- The amount of spousal support paid between the parties, if any.
- The amount of time each parent has with the child (in cases where each parent has the children at least 90 days each year, as the term “day” is defined by the statute)
- The cost of providing medical, dental, and/or vision insurance for the children, and
- The cost of daycare expense, if any, for work-related reasons
- Also, the court must also consider the best interests of the child.
- Especially relevant, the court can deviate from the Guideline amount only for certain reasons set forth by the statute.
Based in Manassas, our attorneys have provided trusted family law counsel to Prince William County for over 20 years. As a result, we welcome you to learn more about why clients choose us and to read our client reviews. To request a consultation, please contact Farrell & Croft, P.C.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]